How to Cook Corned Beef Brisket on the Stove Recipe
Did you know that you can cook corned beef brisket any time of the year and not just on St. Patrick’s Day? 🙂 You may think it is too much trouble to cook but we set out to change that at Home Perch. We created a delicious and foolproof recipe where you can cook your corned beef brisket right on the stove. We hope you love our recipe and do not wait until March 17th to make it!
- 4 Servings
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- 2 lb corned beef brisket
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried herbs (oregano, bay leaves, rosemary, thyme, and basil)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A pinch of chili powder
- 2 lb potatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- Vegetable broth, as needed
Instructions: How to Cook Corned Beef Brisket on the Stove
- Place beef brisket, brown sugar, cloves, garlic cloves, ground pepper, herbs, paprika, and chili powder in a pot.
- Cover with vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 2 hours.
- Add potatoes, red onion, and carrots, and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
- Use small waxy potatoes for this recipe. Avoid medium and high-starch potatoes.
- Feel free to cook up some cabbage to go with it
- Don’t like onions and carrots? That is okay! You can even decide to just cook the beef on its own and make a side of mashed potatoes.