Pasta sauce tastes the best when it’s at the right temperature. All you need to do is to pour the desired amount of sauce into a pan and heat it until it becomes hot and that’s really about it. But just like anything else in the realm of cooking, it’s easier said than done.
It’s critical to make sure that you heat your pasta sauce very gently and remove it from the heating source when it reaches 165 degrees F. In this article, we’ll discuss how to heat up pasta sauce so that it doesn’t develop a burnt taste.
Different Ways to Heat Up Your Pasta Sauce
1. Using the Microwave
- Use a microwave-friendly container like a mason jar or a quart container and pack your pasta sauce in it.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water to your sauce and stir the mixture gently.
- Cover the container with a lid and make sure it’s not airtight as it should be a little askew.
- Choose the high settings on your microwave and heat the pasta sauce for a minute.
- Remove the container and stir the sauce again to warm it up evenly.
- Place the container again into the microwave and run it again for a minute.
- Remove the container and stir again and Bon Appetit!
2. Using the Stovetop
It’s a little more time-consuming than the microwave but it offers a better taste. Follow the steps listed below to heat up pasta sauce if you can spare 15 to 20 minutes.
- Use a saucepan with a heavy bottom and pour your pasta sauce into it.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of water and stir the mixture gently.
- Heat the sauce to a medium temperature and let it boil (keep stirring occasionally while it heats up).
- Reduce the heat once it starts boiling and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and serve.
3. Using the Oven
This method works the best if you have already mixed your sauce with pasta. However, you can use the following steps to also heat up pasta sauce without any pasta in it.
- Use an oven-safe container or dish and place your sauce (or pasta with sauce) in it.
- Add a couple of tablespoons of water to your sauce and stir the mixture gently.
- You can also add some parmesan for extra flavor if you want.
- Cover the container tightly using aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the container with pasta sauce into the oven and heat it for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the sauce container from the oven and enjoy.
Important Note When Heating Up Pasta Sauce
Never heat your pasta sauce more than once because heating it multiple times can lead to the growth of bacteria.