One of the most loved snacks ever is peanuts. Well, it might not be true if you have peanut allergies, but other than that, you can always count on peanuts and peanut butter! Not because they are jam-packed with nutrients, but because they are delicious, easily accessible, and a perfect snack you can munch on!
The most commonly and widely loved way of eating peanuts is in the roasted form. The golden-brown color, crispy and crunchy texture is to die for. Now there might be several ways of getting roasted peanuts. You might think the best is buying them from a snack cart or a grocery store, but that’s not it. The best way of enjoying roasted peanuts any time of the day is by making them in your microwave oven. Yes, that’s right!
Now, if you are wondering how to roast peanuts in the microwave, let me tell you it is super easy! Probably the easiest thing you can do in the middle of the night! Interested? Read ahead!
Different ways to roast peanuts
Roasted peanuts are delicious. And above all, they are super easy to make. You can make delicious roasted peanuts within 10 minutes. Here are a few easy ways of roasting peanuts effortlessly:
• Oven: the easiest way of roasting peanuts at home is in the oven. Simply shell them, skin them, and drizzle with your favorite seasoning. Place them on a baking tray in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
• Stove: If you don’t have an oven, you can roast the raw peanuts on the stovetop. Place them in a cast-iron skillet and dry roast them. Make sure you stir them constantly for even color.
• Air fry: believe it or not, you can also roast peanuts in an air fryer. Select the roast option, and you are good to go.
• Microwave: Probably one of the most convenient ways of roasting peanuts is by placing them in the microwave. You can get perfect results within 5 minutes.
How to roast peanuts in the microwave
Roasting peanuts in the microwave is super easy. Here are a few simple steps you have to follow:
- Start by shelling the peanuts. For that, you have to hold it between your thumb and finger and apply a little pressure. The shell will break open, and you will find tiny peanuts in there.
- Next, you have to skin the peanuts. You can do that by rubbing the peanuts in your palms. If you are having a problem skinning them, you can leave the skin as it is. Eating the skin doesn’t harm you. Plus, you can easily remove the skin after the first 2 minutes in the microwave.
- Place the shelled and skinned peanuts in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Drizzle water on the peanuts.
- Place the baking tray in the microwave and set the timer for 2 minutes. Cook at high heat.
- Once the timer is up, stir the peanuts and set the timer for three more minutes. At this point, you can add other seasonings to the peanut. Don’t forget to mix everything.
- Roast the peanuts for three more minutes in the microwave.
- Once they are done, remove the dish from the microwave and let it cool down a bit.
- Once the peanuts reach room temperature, serve.
How to store roasted peanuts
Once the roasted peanuts reach room temperature, you can store them in an airtight container. Place the container in a dry, dark, and cool place. The roasted peanuts will last for up to two months.
Although the best-roasted peanut flavor is plain salt sprinkled over them, there are so many other ways you can enjoy them. Here are a few fantastic ideas for you to try when roasting peanuts in a microwave.
Chinese-style roasted peanuts are perfect for those who adore Chinese flavors. With simple ingredients like soy sauce and Chinese five spices, you can enjoy delicious roasted peanuts jam-packed with flavors.
Simple yet delicious; Italian seasoning roasted peanuts are perfect for those who love the aroma along with flavor.
if you are looking for heat and spice, the best way to season your roasted peanuts is with smoked paprika and cayenne powder. The spices go so well with the natural flavor of peanuts and bring out the heat that many of us love.
This Jamaican seasoning is super versatile and is awesome when mixed with roasted peanuts. It is made from spices like cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, garlic, ginger, thyme, brown sugar, and salt.
Honey or maple glaze
How to Roast Peanuts in the Microwave
- 2 cups raw peanuts shelled and skinned
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Prepare the peanuts by taking them out of the shell and removing the skin.
- Place the peanuts in a microwave-safe baking dish.
- Sprinkle water on top and mix well so that the peanuts are wet.
- Place the baking dish in the microwave and set the time at 2 minutes at high speed.
- Once the time is up, take the dish out of the microwave and stir.
- Place the baking dish back in the microwave and set the time for 3 minutes at high.
- Once the timer is up, remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle the peanuts with salt.
- Let them cool.
You Might Also Like:
- 20 Nut Options for Plant-Based Protein
- What are the Different Bacon Options?
- How to Make Vegan Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
- How to Make 7-Up Pound Cake
- What are the Different Pasta Sauce Options?
- What are the Different Maple Syrup Options?
- 11 Best Recipe Apps
- How to Cook Fall Apart Sirloin Tip Roast
- What are the Different Honey Options?