Bacon could quite possibly be the most delicious food in the world and it is loved by people of all ages. Most people cook bacon on their stove top in a frying pan but cooking it in the oven is super quick and easy especially if you are making bacon for a lot of people.
So, if you want to learn more about how to cook bacon in the oven with parchment paper? We have all the information for you. Read ahead to find out!
What exactly is bacon?
I know you know what bacon is. It is chewy, crispy, and very satisfying, especially as a breakfast. But did you know that bacon is a meat cut of the pig that mainly comes from the belly area or its side? It is widely used all around the world, mainly as a part of the breakfast menu. Bacon usually comes in strips, and you can enjoy it chewy or crispy.
This meat cut is cured by soaking it in salted water. You can cure it with sugar as well.
Different ways of cooking bacon
There are a few ways you can cook bacon:
- Stovetop: A great way to prepare bacon every morning is in a cast-iron skillet over the stovetop. It is an easy way to cook fried bacon, especially when you are preparing breakfast for just one or two people. You just have to flip the bacon a few times, and that’s it.
- Oven: When you are cooking breakfast for a few extra people, oven-baked bacon is a great option. You just have to place the bacon slices in the oven on a rimmed baking sheet, and that’s all. Oven bacon is typically mess-free!
- Broiler: Another way to cook bacon is by broiling it. It provides enough heat to cook it according to your liking.
- Grill: Bacon is your buddy when cooking outdoor as well. It is a great snack and a perfect item to be on your BBQ menu.
- Air fryer: Another super easy and convenient way to cook bacon is in an air fryer. It is quick, and you get perfectly cooked bacon every time!
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven with Parchment Paper
Cooking bacon in the oven with parchment paper is probably the easiest and the most convenient way to cook bacon. It works really well when you have to cook bacon in bulk. Here is how to cook bacon in the oven with parchment paper:
- Step 1: Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F and lining the sheet pan with a single layer of parchment paper.
- Step 2: Now, place the bacon slices side by side on the parchment paper. Make sure they don’t overlap each other.
- Step 3: Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes if you want a chewy texture. If you want crispy bacon, cook for 30 minutes.
- Step 4: Once done, take the baking tray out of the oven and place the cooked bacon on a kitchen towel to absorb additional oil. Enjoy!
How to Cook Bacon in the Oven with Parchment Paper: 7 Tips
Although you can effortlessly cook bacon in the oven, you should keep a few points in mind to get the perfect results. These are:
- The oven should be between 400 to 450 degrees F. So, ensure your oven is fully heated before placing the baking tray in it.
- The cooking time of the bacon depends significantly on the thickness of the slices. Thin bacon will cook faster than thick-cut bacon.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use aluminum foil instead.
- Bacon usually doesn’t stick much to the parchment paper. However, if it is thinly sliced or has more sugar in it, it might stick to the parchment paper.
- Chewy bacon takes no more than 20 minutes to cook. However, if you want crispier bacon, give it 30 minutes in the oven.
- You can store the rendered bacon fat as well. Tilt the parchment paper and pour the fat over a strainer into a jar.
- Always place the bacon on a kitchen or paper towel. This way, it will absorb additional fat, and the bacon will be nice and crispy.
Can you store cooked leftover bacon?
You can easily store cooked leftover bacon. Place it on a paper towel and wrap it around the bacon. Refrigerate, and it will last for up to 5 days. You can also freeze cooked bacon, and it will last for about a month.
How to cook bacon in the oven with parchment paper
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- 1 lb. bacon slices
- Prepare the baking tray by lining it with a single layer of parchment paper.
- Place the bacon strips side by side on the parchment paper. Make sure they don’t overlap each other.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes if you want a chewy texture. If you want crispy bacon, cook for 30 minutes.
- Once done, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and place the cooked bacon on a kitchen or paper towel to absorb any extra bacon grease.
- Serve your perfect bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess grease
- Fun Fact: A bacon slice dipped in maple syrup is the ultimate comfort food!