Do you want a healthy and delicious snack? If yes, you will love crispy roasted pumpkin seeds cooked in an air fryer. Air fryer pumpkin seeds are wonderfully crunchy, delicious, and super easy to make!
Air Fryer Recipe: How to Cook Pumpkin Seeds in an Air Fryer
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil (you can also use coconut oil or melted butter)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
Tip: Want sweet-tasting pumpkin seeds? Replace the garlic powder and black pepper with a sweet seasoning such as cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, or maple syrup.
1. Rinse pumpkin seeds and dry them thoroughly with a paper towel.
2. Put the dried seeds into a bowl and add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well until the seeds are completely coated.
3. Lay them out in a thin layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 360 °F for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
Tip: You can also cook them on a baking sheet in the oven at 375°F for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
4 Let them cool and enjoy!
How to Store Your Perfect Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Toasted pumpkin seeds are best stored in an airtight container. Place the container in a dry, dark, and cool place.
Pumpkin seeds are not only delicious but are also good for you!
- Pumpkin seeds contain vitamins A and E, which contribute to the renewal of skin cells.
- Eating pumpkin seeds is beneficial in lowering cholesterol levels.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in protein.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in vitamins and high in dietary fiber and antioxidants.
- They may also lower your blood sugar levels and improve your heart health.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Keto?
Yes, pumpkin seeds are keto-friendly. They are low in carbohydrates and high in dietary fiber and healthy fats, making them a suitable option for people following a ketogenic diet.
How Long Do Pumpkin Seeds Last?
Unopened and properly stored, pumpkin seeds can last up to a year. Once opened, they should be consumed within two months if stored in an airtight container. For longer shelf life, refrigerate or freeze them.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Gluten-Free?
Yes, pumpkin seeds are naturally gluten-free. However, always check the packaging if you have celiac disease or gluten sensitivity, as cross-contamination can occur during processing.
How Many Seeds Does A Pumpkin Have?
The number of seeds in a pumpkin varies depending on its size and type. There can be anywhere from 100 to 500 seeds per pumpkin.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Low-Carb?
Pumpkin seeds are considered low-carb, containing only about 3-4 grams of net carbs per 1-ounce serving.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Kosher?
Pumpkin seeds are inherently kosher, but checking for a kosher certification on the packaging is important, particularly if they are processed or seasoned.
Are Pumpkin Seeds Paleo?
Yes, pumpkin seeds are paleo-friendly. They are a natural and nutritious food source that can be enjoyed on the paleo diet.