This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through our links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. HomePerch only promotes products that we use and love.
Homeperch wants to help you with a delicious challenge: What to Do with Extra Nutella. Get ready to discover simple ways to make the most of that heavenly hazelnut spread, ensuring not a single spoonful goes to waste!
Nutella-Based Breakfast Ideas
Enhance your morning routine with these delightful Nutella-infused breakfast dishes that offer a unique twist on traditional favorites.
Toast and Croissant Combinations
- Classic Nutella Toast: Spread Nutella on toasted whole-grain bread and top it with banana slices and a sprinkle of crushed hazelnuts for a quick and satisfying breakfast.
- Nutella Croissant Sandwich: Slice a fresh croissant in half and fill it with a generous layer of Nutella, sliced strawberries, and a dusting of powdered sugar to create a gourmet start to your day.
Nutella Oatmeal and Pancakes
- Nutella Banana Oatmeal: Stir Nutella into warm oatmeal and garnish with banana slices, a spoonful of granola, and a hint of cinnamon for a cozy and comforting breakfast bowl.
- Nutella Pancakes: Prepare your favorite pancake batter, add chocolate chips, and drizzle with Nutella. Top with fresh fruit for Nutella pancakes that will be the highlight of your morning.
Unique Nutella Coffee and Hot Chocolate
- Nutella Latte: Whisk Nutella into your morning coffee and top with frothed milk to make a sweet, hazelnut-infused latte like no other.
- Nutella Hot Chocolate: Upgrade your hot chocolate by mixing in a spoonful of Nutella and garnishing with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup, creating a cozy and indulgent drink.
Delightful Desserts Featuring Nutella
Nutella Treats for Family Gatherings
- Nutella Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups: Start by spreading Nutella on a slice of bread, add fresh sliced strawberries, roll it up and dip it in an egg mixture. Fry until golden and finish with a dusting of powdered sugar. These roll-ups are not just simple to make but a hit with all ages.
- Ultimate Nutella Cupcakes: Prepare your favorite chocolate cupcake batter, inject a heart of Nutella using a piping bag post-baking, and crown with Nutella frosting. Toppings like crushed hazelnuts or colored sprinkles make them visually inviting and delicious.
Quick and Easy Nutella Desserts
- Nutella Mousse: With just three ingredients—Nutella, heavy cream, and a pinch of salt—whip up a fluffy Nutella mousse. Chill for an hour and serve with a garnish of raspberries or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Baked Nutella Donuts: Your donut batter, enhanced with a Nutella swirl, creates a treat that’s a step above the rest. Baking instead of frying provides a lighter option while keeping the decadence intact. Drizzle with a simple Nutella glaze for added flair.
- Nutella Cheesecake Dip: Blend cream cheese, Nutella, and confectioners’ sugar for a dip that’s smooth and rich. Dive in with graham crackers, apple slices, or vanilla wafers for a fuss-free dessert option.
- Nutella-Stuffed Skillet Cookie: Combine Nutella with your chocolate chip cookie dough, bake it in a skillet until gooey and serve with vanilla ice cream. It’s a warm, indulgent treat that’s perfect for sharing—or not!
Creative Nutella Snacks and Appetizers
Elevate your snack game with Nutella-infused appetizers and bites that blend sweet, savory, and a hint of saltiness for a tantalizing experience.
Nutella Infused Bites and Dips
- Nutella & Hazelnut Crescents: Combine crescent roll dough with a dollop of Nutella, sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts, and bake until golden. Serve these bites with a dusting of powdered sugar for a touch of elegance.
- Fruit & Nutella Dip: Whip together Nutella, mascarpone cheese, and a pinch of cinnamon to create a creamy, dreamy fruit dip. Pair with fresh fruit slices or cranberries for a refreshing appetizer.
- Nutella Sandwiches and Toasts
- Oreo-Nutella Dream Sandwich: Crush Oreo cookies and blend them with Nutella. Spread this rich mixture between two slices of bread or on a toasted croissant for a heavenly snack.
- Nutella & Banana Toast: Toast your favorite bread, spread a generous layer of Nutella, top with banana slices, and sprinkle with sea salt. Add a drizzle of melted semisweet chocolate for an extra luxury.
Innovative Twists on Classic Cookies and Brownies
Add a scoop of Nutella to your favorite cookie and brownie recipes for an irresistible chocolate hazelnut twist that perfectly complements those classic desserts.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Transform your standard chocolate chip cookies with a Nutella flair. Simply swirl a hearty spoonful of Nutella into your cookie dough before folding in the chocolate chips. For extra indulgence, try mixing in chunks of dark chocolate and a pinch of sea salt to balance the sweetness—just watch how quickly they disappear at your next gathering.
Irresistible Nutella Brownies Variations
Take your brownie game to the next level by swirling generous dollops of Nutella right into the batter. To satisfy your nutty cravings, sprinkle chopped hazelnuts on top before baking. For a playful spin, layer crushed Oreo cookies into the mix, or, if you’re feeling extra decadent, drop in mini marshmallows for a gooey, chocolatey delight finished with a dusting of powdered sugar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore these handpicked methods to maximize your Nutella enjoyment with some delightful creations.
How can I create a delicious Nutella milkshake with an empty jar?
Shake up your taste buds by adding milk, ice cream, and a scoop of your favorite toppings directly into your nearly empty Nutella jar. Secure the lid, give it a good shake, and enjoy a creamy milkshake with every last bit of Nutella goodness.
What are some quick snacks I can make with Nutella?
Dive into a simple world of sweetness by spreading Nutella on toast, drizzling it over fruit, or filling puff pastry with it before baking. Turn ordinary snacks into Nutella-infused treats in no time.
Can you recommend some recipes that only need three ingredients and include Nutella?
Whip up some Nutella brownies by mixing Nutella with eggs and flour, or create truffles by combining Nutella with crushed biscuits and coating them in cocoa powder. These easy recipes require minimal ingredients yet deliver full flavors.
How can I incorporate Nutella into a cake using the leftovers in the jar?
Utilize every last smear of Nutella by melting what’s left and blending it into cake batter for a rich chocolatey swirl. Alternatively, use it to frost cupcakes for a decadent touch that’s easy and efficient.
What are some creative ways to use Nutella for making hot chocolate?
Enhance your hot chocolate by stirring a generous dollop of Nutella into warmed milk for a luxurious twist. Top it off with whipped cream and a light sprinkle of chocolate shavings for the ultimate cozy beverage.
Are there any unique dessert recipes that feature Nutella as the main ingredient?
Indulge in a Nutella-centric dessert like a no-bake Nutella cheesecake or Nutella-stuffed crepes. These recipes spotlight the hazelnut spread as the star, creating unforgettable treats that are as easy to make as they are to love.