I love all kinds of beef and tri tip steak tips are no exception. Here is a super-easy way to cook them on the stove and it only takes 15 minutes. Your family will love them and I guarantee that you will add this recipe to your dinner rotation.
How to Cook Tri Tip Steak on the Stove: Preparation
- 4 – 6 Servings
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
How to Cook Tri Tip Steak on the Stove: Ingredients
- 2 lb tri-tip steak (2 x 1 lb steaks)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
How to Cook Tri Tip Steak on the Stove: Instructions
- Coat the meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over high heat.
- Place the tri-tip steak on the skillet and brown it for 5 minutes.
- Flip it and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak and serve.
- Let the meat stand at room temperature for at least half an hour before cooking.
- If you use a non-stick skillet, you can skip the extra virgin olive oil.
- The cast-iron skillet needs to be large enough for the steaks to cook in one layer. If you are preparing more steaks, cook them in batches.
- The indicated cooking time is for a medium-rare steak. If you would like it well done, cook for 7 minutes per side. Usually, 1 lb of tri-tip steak needs 15 minutes to cook (well-done).
- Let the steaks stand for at least 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Use a marinade for preparing a super juicy tri-tip steak. Use extra virgin olive oil, lemon, spices, and fresh herbs. Let it marinate overnight.
- The internal temperature of the steak needs to reach 145°.