Make a big batch of shrimp once and use it over again in more recipes. This is how to heat up cooked shrimp so that it stays tasty.
If you remember that iconic scene from the movie Forrest Gump, you already know there are thousands of ways to make shrimp. It’s just as versatile as chicken. It only makes sense to cook a huge batch at the beginning of the week and then use it over and over again throughout the week.
Heating up cooked shrimp doesn’t have to be difficult or confusing. Just read through this guide, and you’ll learn the best ways to heat shrimp to save yourself time.
How to heat up cooked shrimp
When it comes to this little ocean creature, there’s a right way and a wrong way to warm it up. Once you learn how to heat up cooked shrimp, you’ll be able to enjoy them repeatedly throughout the week.
Enjoy these easy tips that will show you how to reheat shrimp using the oven, microwave, stove, and air fryer. If you have a steamer, that definitely helps. But if not, these tips will give you even more ideas.
How to heat up cooked shrimp in the oven
The best way to heat up cooked shrimp is to use the oven – it’s almost fail-proof. This is also the best way to reheat leftover coconut shrimp or fried popcorn shrimp.
Reheat the cooked shrimp at medium heat – 300F is the most popular temperature.
- Place the cooked shrimp on your baking sheet in a single layer.
- Use a pastry brush to add melted butter on top of every inch of the leftover cooked shrimp.
- Then, reheat the cooked shrimp in the oven for about 8 minutes.
How to reheat cooked shrimp in the microwave
If you have fried or breaded shrimp, I suggest skipping the microwave. It will make them too soft. However, if you have plain shrimp without any breading, this can be a really fast way to heat them back up.
- Place the shrimp in a microwave-safe dish in a single layer.
- Add a small amount of water to the dish.
- Cover the dish with a lid or wrap it with microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Heat the cooked shrimp up for 2 minutes.
How to heat up cooked shrimp on a stove
If you don’t mind using a clean skillet and then washing it later, this is another fairly quick way to heat up your cooked shrimp.
- Heat your skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add a couple tablespoons of your favorite type of oil or butter.
- Cook the shrimp in the skillet for a couple of minutes on each side.
How to reheat cooked shrimp in an air fryer
This is a really quick and easy way to reheat cooked shrimp! It’s the best choice if you have breaded or fried shrimp because it keeps them crispy.
- Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the shrimp at 300F for about 2 minutes on each side.
More helpful kitchen tips
Now that you know how to reheat cooked shrimp, here are some more kitchen tips that will have you cooking like a pro!