Chocolate is one of the most widely used and loved ingredients. The rich chocolaty flavor is tough to beat. Whether it is children or adults, everyone loves chocolate! Ever wonder how to melt chocolate chips on the stove? Keep reading to learn how to melt chocolate chips on the stove and in the microwave.
Almost every other dessert uses either white or dark chocolate chips. It is a crucial ingredient when making cookies, cupcakes, cakes, puddings, etc. Whether you use chocolate chips in their solid form or melt them into a rich and silky chocolaty glaze, you need a few tricks up your sleeves to bake like a pro!
Melting chocolate is very easy, yet it can be a little tricky at times. It needs the right temperature so that you can use it for whatever purpose you like. There are two easiest ways to melt chocolate chips effortlessly. These are the stovetop method and the microwave method. Here is everything you need to know about these methods.
How To Melt Chocolate Chips on The Stove
When melting chocolate chips on the stovetop, you will need these four things:
- a pot or pan
- a large bowl
- a smaller bowl
You’ll need these things to create a double boiler. The reason for making a double boiler is that it will help you control the heat that reaches the chocolate chips. As a result, you won’t have to worry about burning them. Now, for melting chocolate chips on the stove, here is what you will have to do:
- Fill the pan or pot with water and place it on the stove. You can fill it halfway through.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Now place a large bowl on the pot. It should be large enough to fit it, yet the bottom must not touch the boiling water.
- Now place a smaller bowl in it. This is the bowl that will have chocolate in it.
- Continue to whisk the chocolate chips gently so that the heat stays uniform. Once the chips are melted, take them off the bowl.
How To Melt Chocolate Chips in Microwave
Melting chocolate chips on the stovetop requires quite a few pots and bowls. Although it is a good technique when melting a large amount of chocolate, not many have the patience to work with it. So, if you are looking for a way which uses minimum equipment and is more convenient, use the microwave! Here is how you can melt chocolate chips in the microwave:
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and set the timer for 30 seconds. The key here is that the microwave’s power should be no more than 30%. Otherwise, the chocolate can burn. If you are using more power, reduce the time to 15 seconds.
- After every 30 second interval, stir the chocolate chips until only a few lumps are left. When that happens, reduce the time to 15 seconds until you get silky melted chocolate.
If you are wondering how to melt white chocolate chips? The melting process stays the same for all types of chips including butterscotch too.
You Might Also Like:
- Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans-How to Make Your Own
- How To Roast Peanuts In The Microwave
- How to Cook Corned Beef Brisket on the Stove
- Chip and Dip Bowl: Always the Perfect Gift
- How To Cook Frozen Pork Chops On The Stove
- How to Cook Beef Short Ribs on the Stove