This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase through our links, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. HomePerch only promotes products that we use and love.
Pizza lovers, we’ve all been there: You’ve ordered your favorite Papa John’s pizza, indulged in a few slices, and now you want to save the rest for later. But how can you make sure that the reheated pizza tastes just as delicious as it did when it first arrived at your door? Worry not, because we are going to show you how to reheat your Papa John’s pizza so it stays fresh and tasty.
How to Reheat Papa John’s Pizza
Use an Oven
Reheating your Papa John’s pizza in an oven is a great way to maintain its crispy crust and melt the cheese evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place your pizza slices on a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
Use a Stovetop
- A stovetop is an easy way to get a crispy crust.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Add your pizza slices to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes; check every so often to make sure the crust does not burn.
- The steam from the covered pan will help to melt the cheese simultaneously.
Use a Microwave
For a quick and convenient method, consider using a microwave, but it may result in a softer crust.
- Place your pizza slices on a microwavable plate and cover with a paper towel.
- Heat the pizza on medium power for 45-60 seconds, depending on your microwave’s wattage and the thickness of your pizza slice.
Use a Toaster Oven
- Set your toaster oven to 350°F and place your pizza slices directly on the oven rack or a small tray.
- Heat for 7-10 minutes, checking occasionally to avoid burning your pizza.
- This method is perfect for when you only have one or two slices left and it will give you a crispy crust with melted cheese.
Use a Pizza Stone
- Place your stone in a cold oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Once heated, carefully slide the pizza slices onto the stone using a pizza peel or a large spatula.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is crispy.
- Remember to use a pot holder or oven mitt when handling the hot stone.
Tips & Tricks
First, always make sure your pizza is at room temperature before reheating. Taking it directly from the fridge and placing it in the oven could cause uneven heating and create areas of melted cheese or soggy crust.
The microwave is quick and easy but may lead to a slightly less crispy crust. On the other hand, using an oven or toaster oven will take longer but will often produce a more enjoyable slice of pizza.
What is the best way to reheat Papa John’s breadsticks?
To reheat your Papa John’s breadsticks, preheat your oven to 350°F. Place the breadsticks on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until they reach your desired crispiness.
What temperature should I set my oven to reheat Papa John’s cheese sticks?
For reheating Papa John’s cheese sticks, set your oven to 400°F. Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet and heat for about 5-7 minutes, keeping an eye on them to avoid overcooking. The cheese should be melted and gooey when they’re done.
Can you eat Papa John’s pizza the next day?
Yes, you can enjoy your Papa John’s pizza the next day! Put your leftover pizza in an airtight container or wrap it with plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
What’s the ideal method to warm up Papa John’s cinnamon pull aparts?
To warm up Papa John’s cinnamon pull aparts, preheat your oven to 325°F. Place the pull aparts on a baking sheet and heat for about 5 minutes, or until the pull apart are warm and the icing is slightly melted.
Papa John’s Pizza Fun Facts
- Papa John’s was founded by John Schnatter back in 1984. He started the company with a small pizza and subs shop in the broom closet of his father’s tavern in Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- The most popular pizza at Papa John’s is none other than the classic Pepperoni pizza.
- In 1996, they implemented the “Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.” slogan representing their commitment to only using quality ingredients.
- The garlic dipping sauce that comes with your pizza was added to the menu in 1985 and is still going strong today.