Honey sticks simply put are straws full of delicious honey. This healthy treat is about 6.5 inches long and contains about 5 grams of pure honey.
Honey sticks are sometimes called honey stix or a honey straw. No matter what you call them this sweet treat is full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals and helps to boost your immune system.
Honey sticks are available in a variety of flavors and are made by combining pure honey with natural fruit flavors and spices.
Honey sticks are about 15 calories each. They do not have any cholesterol, sodium, and fat content. Honey has a sweet natural flavor and is a healthy sugar alternative.
How do you use Honey Sticks?
Well, the short answer is, any way you like. Honey sticks are a portable healthy snack that is the perfect size for a lunch box or to take hiking. They are an excellent alternative to candy, taste great, and kids love them.
You can add honey sticks to tea, coffee, yogurt, hot water, hot chocolate, ice cream, or a smoothie or milkshake and use them in dessert recipes.
You can eat one before a workout. Honey helps release a steady amount of glucose into your blood, promoting an added boost of energy. Not only can it provide energy, but it can also prevent muscle fatigue.
Other Ways to Use Honey Sticks
- Apply a honey stick as an after-shaving treatment. If your skin is ever irritated after shaving, honey works as a great soothing agent. Just apply a thin layer to your skin, let it sit, and then when it’s dry, just rinse it off with cold water. It soothes your skin, tightens pores, reduces swelling, and acts as a moisturizer.
- Use them to soothe a sore throat. Singers use honey for their throats to keep them supple and ready to hit those high notes. Honey is a soothing substance that can help bring relief to an irritated throat passage.
- Pour your honey stick into your bathwater. Even a small amount of honey will make your skin very soft and smooth. Stir it up into a glass of hot water first, to dissolve it all, then pour under the tap of your bathwater. All those antioxidants will help your skin feel better.
- Make a face mask. If you buy face masks, you likely noticed that many of them contain honey. Because honey has antioxidants, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, the mixture can be extremely beneficial for the skin. Make your own face mask at home using your hiney sticks.
How do you Open a Honey Stick?
The easiest way is to use scissors to clip the end off. Then squeeze the straw at the opposite end of the opening, and push the honey out. Tilt your head back and let it pour in. If you are adding it to your tea or coffee, squeeze it directly into the mug or cup.
Make Your Own Honey Sticks
Making your own honey sticks are a great way to always have them on hand and a fun activity for the kids to get involved with.
- Honey of your choice
- Plastic straws, not too thin
- Squeeze bottle
- Heat sealer
- Flavored extracts, optional
- The first step is to seal off one end of your straws. Depending on the type of heat sealer you have, close off one end of all your straws.
- Next, add the honey and whatever else you want to include, like flavoring. You can make up as many flavors as you like. If you are making up quite a few, then choose a few different flavors.
- You can use different colored straws to make them match the flavors you use, so there will be no guessing when it comes time to use them.
- If the tip of your squeeze bottle will fit into the open end of your straw, just pour it straight in. You may feel more confident using a funnel. Try to fill the straws at an angle, to avoid air bubbles.
- Leave a little space at the top for when you need to seal the top end. Otherwise, you will have a mess. Once the straws are full, simply seal off the top end with your heat sealer.
- Store them anywhere, as they do not need to be kept cool.
What is a CBD Honey Stick?
They are exactly the same as regular honey sticks, except with CBD. The benefits of using CBD-infused products have far-reaching results, from acne to cancer. Just some of the more popular reason people lie CBD products are:
- Inhibits cancer cell growth
- Mediates psychotic disorders
- Suppresses seizure activity
- Combats anxiety and depression
- Relieves pain
- Reduces swelling
- Stimulates appetite
- Eases nausea
Just like the regular honey sticks, they are easy to use, completely portable, and fairly easy to find. The CBD honey sticks will be more expensive and not likely available at your local supermarket.
You can also make your own CBD honey sticks, following the same method, but adding your own CBD oil or powder. You can also buy CBD-infused honey to add to your straws at home.
If you are looking for an extra sweet way to take your CBD oils, the honey sticks are a great way to do it. The honey will provide extra health benefits, so you are getting more for your money when you choose CBD honey sticks.
Where to Find Honey Sticks
There are plenty of varieties and companies that sell honey sticks including Amazon. Because honey does not go bad, you can be comfortable buying a lot of honey sticks, as they will last a long time and be perfectly fresh when you need them.