Keep your corn crispy and tasty! This is how to heat corn on the cob on the stove, in the air fryer, and in the oven. You’ll always get perfect corn, regardless of how you heat it up.
Heating up canned or frozen corn kernels is easy, but what do you do with corn on the cob? If you heat it up incorrectly, it could turn out dry and unappealing, which is the opposite of what good corn should be!
You don’t have to put up with unappetizing leftover corn on the cob. If you follow these tips, you’ll have corn that tastes just as delicious days later as it does when it’s fresh off the grill!
How to heat up corn on the cob
Corn on the cob is a popular treat in the summer and fall. There’s nothing quite like the taste of freshly grilled sweet corn you bought from the farmer’s market!
It’s normal to worry about whether you can save leftover corn on the cob. Will it be as good the next day? I’m here to tell you, yes, it will! You have to follow these tips.
How to heat up corn on the cob in the oven
Honestly, my favorite way to heat up corn on the cob is by using the oven. It’s not the fastest way because you must wait for the oven to preheat. But it’s definitely the most effective and the hardest to mess up.
Reheat corn on the cob at a higher heat – the best temperature is 400F. And make sure you wrap the corn on the cob in foil.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the corn on the cob in a casserole dish and add a few tablespoons of water to the bottom of the dish.
- Cover the entire dish with aluminum foil.
- Heat it up in the oven for 5 minutes.
How to heat up corn on the cob in the microwave
If you take corn on the cob to work, you’ll probably have to warm it up in the microwave. This option can work really well. Just follow these steps:
- Place the corn on the cob in a microwave-safe dish and add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover the dish with a damp towel.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Flip the cobs over and heat them up for another 30 seconds.
How to heat up corn on the cob on the stove
To use the stove, it’s best to boil the corn on the corb. This will keep it juicy and prevent it from drying out.
- Fill a large pot 2/3 full of water.
- After boiling the water, add the corn on the cob to the pot.
- Boil it for two minutes.
How to heat up corn on the cob in the air fryer
The air fryer is a really fast way to reheat your corn cobs. You don’t have to add any water or worry about steaming it. Here’s how to use your air fryer to heat up corn on the cob.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- Add corn on the cob to the air fryer basket in a single layer, spacing them out.
- Cook for 4 minutes.
That’s it! They will be ready to eat.
More helpful kitchen tips
Now that you know how to heat up corn on the cob, here are some more kitchen tips that will have you cooking like a pro!