There’s no getting around it – traditional peanut butter is delicious, but it is also loaded with calories and unhealthy fats, making it not the best choice for those trying to maintain or lose weight. What if we told you that there’s an alternative out there that promises all the goodness of real peanut butter but none of its drawbacks? Enter PB2 – the powdered miracle spread! However, you may find its taste lacking compared to authentic peanut butter, so read on as we share some simple hacks to elevate your PB2 game!
What is PB2?
Created by pressing peanuts and removing excess oil and fat content, PB2 powder is game-changing in the world of nutrition. Its extraordinary qualities make it stand out from traditional peanut butter, as it has approximately 85% less fat.
This makes PB2 an ideal option for people looking for healthy peanut butter alternatives without sacrificing the taste they love. Developed as a low-calorie version of traditional peanut butter, PB2 has the same taste and consistency as peanut butter after adding water or another liquid to it.
PB2 is typically found in two variations: an original peanut butter flavor and one with added cocoa powder, known as PB2 Chocolate.
PB2 vs. Traditional Peanut Butter
Let’s dive into some differences and tips on how to make PB2 taste more like traditional peanut butter.
Traditional peanut butter is known for its smooth and creamy texture, while PB2 starts as a powder that must be mixed with water to achieve a similar consistency. To improve texture, consider adding a small amount of milk or any preferred liquid for a creamier result.
To make your PB2 taste more like peanut butter, try these tips:
- Add a small amount of salt: A pinch of salt can help bring out the flavor in PB2, making it taste more like traditional peanut butter.
- Mix it with a sweetener: If you find PB2 to be less sweet compared to regular peanut butter, try adding a natural sweetener like honey, agave, or maple syrup to enhance the flavor.
- Stir in a bit of oil: To add a creamier texture to PB2, a little bit of oil – such as coconut oil or vegetable oil – can do the trick. Start with a small amount and adjust to your preference.
- Use it as an ingredient: Combining PB2 with other ingredients in recipes can help enhance its flavor. PB2 works especially well in smoothies, oatmeal, and baked goods.
Easy Recipes to Make PB2 Taste Like Peanut Butter
Mix PB2 with Greek Yogurt
For a creamier texture, try mixing PB2 with Greek yogurt. Here’s a simple recipe:
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon water (adjust as needed)
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Adjust the water to achieve the desired consistency.
Sweeten PB2 with Honey
If you prefer a sweeter taste, add a touch of honey to your PB2. Try this recipe:
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoons water
Mix the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Keep experimenting with these recipes and tips, and soon you’ll be enjoying PB2 with a taste and texture that’s remarkably close to traditional peanut butter.
Is PB2 Gluten-Free?
Yes, PB2 is gluten-free. It is made from powdered peanuts with most of the oil removed and doesn’t contain any gluten-containing ingredients.
Is PB2 Vegan?
Yes, PB2 is vegan. PB2 does not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
How many calories are in a serving of PB2?
A serving of PB2 (2 tablespoons) has approximately 45-60 calories. The exact calorie count may differ slightly among available flavors.
Are there different flavors of PB2 available?
Yes, PB2 comes in a variety of flavors. Here are some of the most popular flavors:
Original (plain powdered peanut butter)
Chocolate PB2 (powdered peanut butter with cocoa)
Almond PB2 (powdered almond butter)