Boneless country-style beef ribs are a delicious cut of meat that is juicy, rich, and utterly flavorsome. Marinated with the right amount of spices and slow-cooked in the oven, these boneless ribs are nothing like you have ever tasted.
What are Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs?
For those who don’t know, country-style beef ribs are nothing fancy. These are just the name given to a cut of beef. These are steaks that can be made from literally any part of the Chuck Eye. It is a beautiful piece of meat that also has marbling on it. The main thing is how they are cut. Country-style ribs are sliced with a cut that begins at the ventral side and goes all the way to the dorsal side. The thing about this cut is that it needs to be cooked slowly to break down all the tissue. This cut is known for its beefy, juicy, succulent, and rich flavor. When prepared the right way, these are finger-licking good.
Here is everything you need to make these country-style ribs:
- Boneless beef ribs: The main hero of this dish is country-style beef ribs. You can get these easily from any butcher’s shop. Don’t forget to mention “country-style ribs.”
- Olive oil: Although the beef has fat rubbing, a little olive oil helps the spice rub to stick to it.
- Barbecue sauce: BBQ sauce is tangy, rich, and adds depth of flavor. You can use plain or smoky BBQ sauce.
For the Spice Dry Rub
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder brings a savory flavor to the beef.
- Onion powder: Onion powder adds a unique savory and slightly sweet flavor to the beef.
- Chili powder: Chili powder brings in heat.
- Paprika: Smoked paprika is not just responsible for heat but also adds a depth of smoky flavor.
- Cayenne pepper: You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper as per the spice level you want to achieve.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar not only plays a role in bringing color to the ribs but also balances out the heat.
- Salt pepper: You can’t finish off any dish without adding salt and pepper, can you?
How To Cook Boneless Country-Style Beef Ribs In The Oven
Here are a few simple steps you have to follow for perfect beef ribs in the oven:
- Start with making the spice rub in a bowl. Add all the dry spices, mix, and set aside.
- Next, you have to rub olive oil on the beef pieces.
- Once done, run the spice mix thoroughly so that it covers every inch of the ribs.
- Place the ribs in a plastic zipper bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take the ribs out of the refrigerator and leave them on your kitchen counter so that they attain room temperature.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and place these pieces in it. Cover with aluminum foil as well.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 250 degrees F for about 3 hours.
- Once the timer is up, remove the pieces, place them on another baking tray, and brush generously with BBQ sauce.
- Place the tray back in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes at 450 degrees F. You have to keep a close eye on the ribs. They should get a nice char of them but shouldn’t burn away!
- Delicious ribs are ready!
How to store Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs
You can prepare the beef ribs in advance by marinating them and storing them in the freezer. It can last for up to three days. Furthermore, if you have leftover beef ribs, no problem at all. Store them in an air-tight container and place them in the refrigerator. They are good to go for up to three days.
What to serve with Boneless Country Style Ribs
These beef ribs go well with several different sides. Here are a few to name:
- Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes go well with everything. They are so versatile and delicious; they won’t ever disappoint you!
- Vegetables: Roast vegetables with herbs and olive oil, or cook them in beef fat. Whatever you choose to do, they go very well with beef ribs.
- Salad: Bring freshness to your dinner table by making a fresh garden salad.
- Quinoa: Looking for a healthy substitute? Try quinoa!
- Rice: Coconut rice, jasmine rice, or garlic rice; they are super versatile and wholesome with beef ribs.
- Baked beans: Baked beans are delicious and hearty and a good option to bring versatility to the table.
- Dips: You can’t serve country-style beef ribs without dips. Whether it is ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, aioli, or cheese sauce, the choice is yours!
Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds Country Style Boneless Beef Ribs cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Pat the ribs dry and rub olive oil on them.
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, paprika powder, salt, black pepper, and mix well.
- Rub this mixture onto the ribs using your hands until every inch is covered in the spice mix.
- Place the ribs in a plastic zip-lock bag and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Once the time is up, take the ribs out of the refrigerator and let it sit until it is at room temperature.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and place the pieces on it. Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil loosely.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 250-degree F for about 3 hours.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven. Remove the top foil and take the ribs out of the tray.
- Place these on another baking tray and brush with BBQ sauce generously.
- Place the baking tray back in the oven for about 7 minutes at 450-degree F.
Frequently Asked Questions
Beef ribs are a hearty and flavorful choice for a meal, and this FAQ section aims to provide specific answers to commonly asked questions about cooking boneless country style beef ribs in the oven.
What’s the best way to prepare country style beef ribs in the oven quickly?
For quicker preparation, preheat your oven to a higher temperature of about 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the ribs for a shorter time, typically 20-25 minutes. Prior to baking, marinate them well, or use a dry rub for quick seasoning.
Can you share a recipe for cooking beef country style ribs in the oven?
Certainly! Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Season your ribs with salt, pepper, and your choice of spices. Place the ribs in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for about 1.5 to 2 hours or until tender. You can also add barbecue sauce during the last 30 minutes of cooking for additional flavor.
How long should boneless country style beef ribs be cooked in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit?
At 350 degrees Fahrenheit, boneless country style beef ribs usually require 1.5 to 2 hours of cooking time. Check them for tenderness after 1.5 hours and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Is there a difference in cooking methods for country style ribs and regular boneless ribs?
Yes, country style beef ribs are cut from the chuck and generally have more marbling, which can affect cooking times and temperatures. They often require slower cooking at a lower temperature than regular boneless ribs to break down the connective tissues and become tender.
At what internal temperature should country style beef ribs reach to be considered tender?
Country style beef ribs are considered tender when they reach an internal temperature of 195 to 203 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer to ensure accuracy.
Could you give tips on transitioning a country style beef ribs recipe from oven to slow cooker?
To transition from the oven to the slow cooker, season the ribs as you would for baking. Place them in the slow cooker and pour in a liquid (like broth or barbecue sauce) to partially cover the ribs. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until the ribs are tender.