Boneless country style beef ribs are a delicious cut of meat that is juicy, rich, and utterly flavorsome. Marinated with the right amount of spices and slow-cooked in the oven, these boneless ribs are nothing like you have ever tasted.
What are Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs?
For those who don’t know, country style beef ribs are nothing fancy. These are just the name given to a cut of beef. These are steaks that can be made from literally any part of the Chuck Eye. It is a beautiful piece of meat that also has marbling on it. The main thing is how they are cut. Country style ribs are sliced with a cut that begins at the ventral side and goes all the way to the dorsal side. The thing about this cut is that it needs to be cooked slowly to break down all the tissue. This cut is known for its beefy, juicy, succulent, and rich flavor. When prepared the right way, these are finger-licking good.
Here is everything you need for making these country style ribs:
- Boneless beef ribs: The main hero of this dish is country-style beef ribs. You can get these easily from any butcher’s shop. Don’t forget to mention “country style ribs.”
- Olive oil: Although the beef has fat rubbing, a little olive oil helps the spice rub to stick to it.
- Barbecue sauce: BBQ sauce is tangy, rich, and adds depth of flavor. You can use plain or smoky BBQ sauce.
For the Spice Dry Rub
- Garlic powder: Garlic powder brings in a savory flavor to the beef.
- Onion powder: Onion powder adds a unique savory and slightly sweet flavor to the beef.
- Chili powder: Chili powder brings in heat.
- Paprika: Smoked paprika is not just responsible for heat but also adds a depth of smoky flavor.
- Cayenne pepper: You can adjust the amount o cayenne pepper as per the spice level you want to achieve.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar not only plays a role in bringing the color to the ribs but also balances out the heat.
- Salt pepper: You can’t finish off any dish without adding salt and pepper, can you?
How To Cook Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs In The Oven
Here are a few simple steps you have to follow for perfect beef ribs in the oven:
- Start with making the spice rub in a bowl. Add all the dry spices, mix and set aside.
- Next, you have to rub olive oil on the beef pieces.
- Once done, run the spice mix thoroughly so that it covers every inch of the rubs.
- Place the ribs in a plastic zipper bag and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take the ribs out of the refrigerator and leave them on your kitchen counter so that they attain room temperature.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and place these pieces in it. Cover with aluminum foil as well.
- Place it in a preheated oven at 250-degree F for about 3 hours.
- Once the timer is up, remove the pieces, place them on another baking tray and brush generously with BBQ sauce.
- Place the tray back in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes at 450-degree F. you have to keep a close eye on the ribs. They should get a nice char of them but shouldn’t burn away!
- Delicious ribs are ready!
How to store Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs
You can prepare the beef ribs in advance by marinating them and storing them in the freezer. It can last for up to three days. Furthermore, if you have leftover beef ribs, no problem at all. Store them in an air-tight container and place them in the refrigerator. They are good to go for up to three days.
What to serve with Boneless Country Style Ribs
These beef ribs go well with several different sides. Here are a few to name:
- Mashed potatoes: Mashed potatoes go well with everything. They are so versatile and delicious; they won’t ever disappoint you!
- Vegetables: Roast vegetables with herbs and olive oil, or cook them in beef fat. Whatever you choose to do, they go very well with beef ribs.
- Salad: Bring freshness to your dinner table by making a fresh garden salad.
- Quinoa: Looking for a healthy substitute? Try quinoa!
- Rice: Coconut rice, jasmine rice, or garlic rice, they are super versatile and wholesome with beef ribs.
- Baked beans: Baked beans are delicious and hearty and a good option to bring versatility to the table.
- Dips: You can’t serve country-style beef ribs without dips. Whether it is ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, aioli, or cheese sauce, the choice is yours!
Boneless Country Style Beef Ribs Recipe
- 2 pounds Country Style Boneless Beef Ribs cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- ½ Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Pat the ribs dry and rub olive oil on them.
- In a small bowl, add brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, paprika powder, salt, black pepper, and mix well.
- Rub this mixture onto the ribs using your hands until every inch is covered in the spice mix.
- Place the ribs in a plastic zip-lock bag and place it in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours.
- Once the time is up, take the ribs out of the refrigerator and let it sit until it is at room temperature.
- Line the baking tray with aluminum foil and place the pieces on it. Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil loosely.
- Place the baking tray in a preheated oven at 250-degree F for about 3 hours.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven. Remove the top foil and take the ribs out of the tray.
- Place these on another baking tray and brush with BBQ sauce generously.
- Place the baking tray back in the oven for about 7 minutes at 450-degree F.
You Might Also Like:
- How to Make Braised Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Nine Things to Consider When Buying Fresh Chicken
- Top 5 Beef Bouillon Brands and Easy Recipes
- Top 10 Most Expensive Steaks in the World – Do You Know?
- Grass Fed vs Grain Fed Beef How Does it Affect Taste