Bread Machine Cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven are just what you need to bring cheer to a dark wintery day. A little extra cheer really matters as many of us are spending more time at home.Â Despite popular misconceptions, making delicious rolls and pastries at home need not be hard and time-consuming.Â Â
The bread machine is a lovely labor saver that opens up a world of tasty home and pastries right at home.Â Â Â Â Â opportunities. Stop smacking cans of on the counter and discover how to make easy
Soon you’ll find that it’s easy to make bakery-quality rolls and pastries that put the yum back into the season without all the extra work.Â
Pro baker tips for the perfect Â
Follow these simple suggestions to make perfect rolls, and pastries. Basic is just , yeast, salt, and water. You make rolls with enriched to achieve the flavor, rise, and soft texture. You get that by enriching the with , eggs, milk, and oil added to the mix.Â Â for bread,
Start with a quality bread flour
The . gets milled from hard wheat with a lot of protein content. The higher protein level gives the more gluten to produce bread that rises higher with a softer texture. Add vital gluten to the mix if you are using a combination of flours like rye or whole wheat, or for recipes calling for plain . The vital gluten replaces the gluten lost from not using .Â you use is important. The best choice is a quality
Check the as it mixes. Your will ding to alert you when the finishes blending. It’s important to check it then. Good should feel slightly tacky and elastic. If it is too wet, add one tablespoon at a time until the is tacky and elastic. Too dry, add warm water the same way until it looks and feels right.Â
Use the to make . After the cycle completes, remove the and place it on a lightly oiled surface. Don’t the work surface. Risen won’t take any added . It sits on the surface and can make your tough. Cover your with a cotton cloth and let it rest for 10 to 20 minutes. This lets it relax, so it is easier to roll out and stretch.Â Â
How to Make Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls! (and Apple Pecan Rolls)
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- DOUGH INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsps melted butter
- 41/2 cups bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 21/2 tsp bread machine yeast
- FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- CREAM CHEESE ICING INGREDIENTS
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 tbsp softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Heat milk and water to between 110F to 120F. It's easy to do this in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds, check the liquid with a digital thermometer and heat another 20 to 30 seconds if needed. Note: don't put liquids hotter than 120 degrees in the machine. It will ruin the proof.
- Load ingredients according to the instructions that came with your bread machine.
- Set the machine to the dough cycle and let it run.
- When the alarm sounds, check the dough for elasticity and add water or flour as needed.
- Lightly oil your work surface.
- When the bread machine finishes, remove the dough to your work surface and shape into a ball. Cover completely with a cotton cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 to 20 minutes.
- While the dough rests, mix the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together for spreading.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle shape about 12 by 24 inches. You want it to be about ¼ inch thick.
- Spread the filling evenly onto the dough, leaving a ¼ inch border.
- Roll up the dough using gentle pressure to keep the roll even. Your roll should be nice and tight. Pinch the seam together to seal it securely
- Measure and mark the dough into 12 equal portions. Cut the portions apart with string or a pastry scraper blade.
- Line a 9 x13 baking dish with parchment paper and place cinnamon rolls inside in rows of three.
- Cover with a cotton towel or cloth (not terrycloth) and allow to proof until doubled in size (approximately 30 minutes)
- After proofing, place cinnamon rolls on the center rack of a 375F preheated oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
- After baking, place the rolls on a wire rack to cool. While the cinnamon rolls cool, whip the icing ingredients together until smooth. Spread icing onto the cooled rolls with a silicone spatula and serve.
Easy Bourbon Apple Pecan Rolls
- Prepare cinnamon roll dough using the bread machine cinnamon roll recipe
- FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 1 large can 20 oz. Apple Pie filling
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp bourbon or bourbon extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- BOURBON CREAM CHEESE ICING INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup softened butter
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 3 to 4 cups 10X sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp bourbon extract
- First, make your cinnamon roll dough following the " Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls" Recipe.
- While the dough rests, you can make the filling mixture. In your mixer, blend apple filling, softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and bourbon until smooth and creamy. (Note: For a thicker spread, add ¼ cup more butter.)
- Roll dough out into a 12 by 24 inch rectangle.
- Spread apple mixture evenly across dough, leaving a ¼ inch border.
- Sprinkle ½ of the pecans on top of apple mixture.
- Roll dough into a tube shape and pinch the seam closed.
- Measure and mark the dough roll into 12 equal pieces.
- Cut with a string or pastry scraper.
- Line a 9 by 13 pan with parchment paper and fill with rolls three across.
- Cover and proof till doubled in size (30 to 60 minutes).
- Bake on center rack in preheated 350F oven till golden brown (45 to 60 minutes).
- Cool thoroughly and ice. Sprinkle with remaining pecans and serve.
- ICING DIRECTIONS
- Mix butter and cream cheese until well blended.
- Add butter and 10X sugar, one cup at a time, and whip until creamy.
- Add in bourbon extract slowly until it's well blended throughout.